1. Why not spend part of your Holy Week break at a recollection? For starters, you can opt for the God’s Spa: A Lenten Recollection, a day-long retreat. Head over to: Greenhills Music Museum, San Juan City on March 24, 9AM-3PM (P480 ticket price. Email [email protected] for tickets).
2. If a day-long retreat is not enough for your Holy Week reflection, you can opt to join Kerygma’s Lenten Recollection, which starts on Maundy Thursday and ends on Black Saturday. Head over to: Enchanting Events Place, Enchanted Kingdom, Sta. Rosa, Laguna from March 24 to 26 (Free admission).
3. Challenge yourself to finish The Stations of The Cross if you haven't been able to yet (if you have, then make completing it a tradition). Check out the one at Circuit Makati, which promises a more modern, but still very meaningful take on this Holy Week must-do. Head over to: Globe Circuit Events Ground, Circuit, Makati from March 24 to 25, 6PM to 12MN (Free admission).
4. Not sure what to do on Good Friday? You can go attend Maleldo 2016, and witness the staging of The Way of the Cross, also known as Via Crucis. Head over to: San Fernando, Pampanga on March 25, 7:30am-10:00am (Brgy. San Juan), 10:00am-12:00nn (Brgy. Sta. Lucia), and 12:00nn-3:00pm (Brgy. San Pedro) (Free admission).
5. Celebrate Jesus' life on Black Saturday at Starving for Art, where you can enjoy various forms of art, from spoken word and poetry to dance and music, along with a bazaar. Head over to: Bahay ng Sining, J. Molina corner Guisama Streets, Marikina City on March 26, 4PM (Free admission).
6. Looking for a place to shamelessly unleash your #Hugot feels? Long Live the Hugot Kings is the event for you. There wil be spoken poetry, acoustic music, and an open mic session for an entire afternoon. Spoken word artists Mark Ghosn, Rod Marmol, Jihads Mambuhay, Rommel Pamaos, and Jake Habitan, along with several guests, will be there. Head over to: Splice Resto Bar, Greenfield District, Mandaluyong City on March 27, 4PM-8PM (P250 entrance fee with one drink).
7. Catch American alternative rock band Switchfoot's Easter Sunday concert...a wonderful way to celebrate Jesus’ resurrection from the dead. Head over to: Bonifacio High Street Amphitheater, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig on March 27, 7PM (Free admission).
ALSO READ: Design Tips: 6 Easy-to-Achieve Rustic Touches That Will Give Your Space A More Homey Feel
Banner illustration by Jana Jimenez