Kelly Misa-Fernandez is already 35, but one look at her is enough to convince you that she doesn’t look a day over it! No traces of eyebags, fine lines or wrinkles show on her pretty face. And her frame is still as modelesque as when her teen self first stepped on the scene.
We caught up with the now-married mom at the press conference of her show, Trending With Kelly, which launched its newest season on ANC last July 2. While there, we asked how she avoided the dreaded losyang phenomenon that too often hits women her age. Instead of listing down an array of makeup recommendations and skincare steps (she is a beauty expert, after all!) we came to realize that looking the way she does lies really in leading a balanced, fulfilling lifestyle.
1. Cut carbs and sugar. "I’ve been on a ketogenic diet for two months now, and, oh my gosh, it has made a world of difference in terms of energy, looking young, and being slim. You can eat as much meat and salad as you want, but avoid pasta, rice and bread. It doesn’t mean you can’t eat them; like, I can have a piece of chocolate as a prize. It’s a matter of just having it occasionally."
2. Breastfeed. "Try to prolong giving breast milk to your baby because it’s the healthiest. My son feeds from me until now. He rarely gets sick. We have a happy life!"
3. Make time for everything you love. "You don’t have to choose between career and family. If you’re passionate about things, try to balance so you don’t miss out. My work allows me to be with my family. I also blog and model, so it’s like combining!"
4. Dress in what feels good. "In terms of fashion, I’m pretty laidback. I just wear what feels comfortable and what covers the right places. It’s more about knowing your body type and what to highlight versus what you want to hide. Decide what’s “trending” for you."
[related: The Six Fix: See These Online Mommies Rock 'Pasyal Poise' With Their Little Ones]
5. Don’t slave over exercise. "I believe in shorter workouts—15 to 20 minute bursts of lifting weights and pilates. I guess it’s a matter of eating right and doing the workouts well. If you’re able to do the exercises for what you’re striving for, then that’s okay. I don’t think you should spend the entire morning working out and killing yourself."
[related: Workout Wisdom: 5 Effective Pilates Moves That Mold Your Physique]
6. Find your purpose. "Everything changed ever since I had a baby. Now I do everything for my family. I found the drive to succeed because of them, as opposed to back then, (when) I was just doing it for myself. It was like I wanted to achieve these dreams and get to where I wanted. But now there’s more fuel because I’m passionate about my family. They’re my driving force!"
ALSO READ: Daily Diaries: Party Girl? Liza Soberano May Not Be Exactly That, But She Can Still Spell Nightlife!
Photographs from Instagram.com/kellymisa