If you're one of those workaholic ones who have not yet gone on vacay this summer, well, poor you. Scrolling down your Instagram feed must have given you some real, life crisis-inducing FOMO. But fret not! You still have some few weeks before the monsoons–or at least when the side effects of global warming are still cooperative enough to bless with you with sunny skies. You also have an entire archipelago of destinations, too, to choose from. Craving for that (last-minute) summer getaway? Check out these new Instagrammable destinations to consider for your latter May vacay!
1. Aqua Park. An inflatable water park located inside Club Balai Isabel Hotel in Batangas, Aqua Park boasts of the tallest waterslide in the country. It also has the stunning view of Taal lake as its backdrop. Filled with exciting "obstacles," it will remind anyone of the American Ninja Warrior set!
2. Mount Costa. Located in Pico-Lamtang Road in La Trinidad, Benguet, this three-hectare mountainside attraction spans 24 landscaped gardens. The long trails will get you experiencing tiring but therapeutic walks. The picnic grounds will provide you a magnificent view of the Cordillera mountain range.
3. The Bike Playground. Nestled in Bagumbayan, Quezon City, the Bike Playground offers both indoor and outdoor bike courses for those wanting to go for a quick biking sesh!
4. Pilgrimage Island. Formerly known as Martha Island, Pilgrimage Island displays a 56-foot-tall statue of Christ the Savior, something close to Rio de Janeiro's Christ The Redeemer. It's named so as it's a perfect place for prayer, with a retreat house and a chapel on the island.
5. Lio Tourism Estate. Simply, another reason to fall in love with El Nido. Located along El Nido's Bacuit Bay, this 325-hectare private paradise offers a private beach and an eco-sanctuary. It also has its own airport that will spare you of the wearying trip through other routes. It will also be where the the first ever Lio Beach Festival will take place!
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: K-drama 'Goblin' Fangirl Alert–No Less Than Anne Curtis!
Photographs from Jan Cortez's Facebook page, CBI Aqua Park Facebook page, and Lio Tourism Estate Facebook page.