It doesn’t always have to be hubby who must pull out all the stops on Valentine’s Day. Here are 14 fun and flirty ways to make your Hearts Day spark and sizzle!
[related: The Six Fix: These Grand Surprises Make For A V-Day Celeb Like No Other]
Though it ís still sweet and definitely chivalrous for your husband to make Valentine's Day a truly memorable and special day for you, he doesn't have to be the only one to put in the effort. This year, why not turn the tables on your man and give him a Valentine's Day he'll remember for years to come:
1. Breakfast in bed. Start the celebration early and give your spouse some TLC the moment he wakes up! To make it really special, cook his favorite breakfast food and serve it to him on a tray (after you give him an appetizer of good morning kisses!).
2. Be adventurous. This applies to activities both outside and inside the bedroom! On this special romantic holiday, why not try something you've both never done before? Whether it's jumping into the boxing ring together at the gym or being adventurous with a new cuisine, the adrenaline rush of doing something new is sure to make the holiday more memorable.
3. Take a walk down memory lane. Whether you've been together for one year or 10 years, it's always nice to remember the best and most amazing times you've had with your spouse. Put together an album of all your favorite memories for your hubby. It'll be fun to look back on your special moments together. Plus, you'll see if your favorite times were his favorites, too!
4. Make a kiss bank. This is a fun way to change things up on the day of hearts. Get a small jar and on small pieces of heart-shaped paper, write down as many different types of kisses you can think of (ex.: neck kiss, upside down kiss, nose kiss) and place all the hearts in the jar. Let your hubby pick out from the jar all the different types of kisses throughout your Valentine's Day celebration. It's win-win!
5. Handmade goodness. Although store-bought gifts can be great, there is really nothing like a handmade present. Not only is it unique but it also shows you took the time and effort to create something truly special. Some cool ideas could include crocheted golf club covers or a funny silkscreened shirt.
6. Relive your first date. Where did you go on your very first date? What better time to revisit the place where you fell in love than on the day of love? Make it more special by playing a little trivia game of that first night out. Ask questions like "What was I wearing?", "What did we order?", or "Did we share a good night kiss?".
7. Candy surprises. Who doesn't love finding little surprises throughout the day? Make your man feel special by hiding heart candies or chocolate kisses in places where he'll find them throughout the day like in his laptop bag, his coffee mug at work, or in his gym bag. You're sure to put a smile on his lips all day long.
8. Get away for the day. If work schedules permit, plan a get-away for just you and the hubby. It can be anything from driving up to Tagaytay to a short overnight stay in Subic, or even a relaxing weekend in Boracay. Whichever way you go, the time alone and away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life will surely make it fun and memorable.
9. Take it outside. Celebrate outdoors this February with a romantic picnic under the stars. You can put together a delicious meal and enjoy dining somewhere under the lovely night sky.
10. Just the two of you. Make sure you leave all distractions behind on Valentine's Day by leaving your phones behind as well. Go out for a nice meal without distractions.
11. Homecooked happiness. You don't have to go out to have a special dinner. If possible, drop the kids off at grandma's house and prepare a special evening for just you and the hubby at home. Cook his favorite meal and surprise him when he gets home. If you want to surprise him even more, slide into something sexy and slinky for this home date.
12. Plan a Hearts Day scavenger hunt. Want to make it a little more fun and exciting? Put together a special scavenger hunt with personal questions for clues that only your hubby can solve. Each clue can lead him to the next until he gets to the grand prize, you!
13. Touchy-feely. Valentine's Day is the perfect time to get hands-on. Sometimes the daily grind gets so hectic you don't even hold hands anymore, and this is the perfect time to change that. From holding hands to cuddling and kissing, be sure to touch your spouse even more than usual on this special day. Make it even more special by ending with a nice massage when you get home.
14. Get sexy. Do you really want to spice things up? Try surprising your husband throughout the day with sexy messages and photos. You can say something like "I have a special surprise waiting for you in the bedroom tonight" or even just send a photo of some sexy lingerie. He'll be counting the minutes until he can get home to celebrate.
IN THE MOOD
Slick Rick, Magic 89.9 DJ and one of the hosts of Boys Night Out, shares his playlist to get the romance going for Valentine’s Night
Sure, you probably have your own “momol” (make out-make out lang) playlist, but for this special night, you have to take it to another level. Take it slow and warm up like a great Diesel engine. The song choice is critical. You need songs that are familiar and sure to change your mood so you can get it on. Enjoy!
Maxwell “Sumthin’ Sumthin’”. Maxwell has that smooth groove to start out your playlist. This is planting the seed of inception to get the mind going and let the flirting begin.
Usher “Nice & Slow”. Text the lyrics to your partner before you see each other for the night. You’ll feel sexy listening to this.
Miguel “Adorn”. This song says “let’s-get-ready” for what I’m going to do to you. Has a nice groove that you guys can dance to to heat things up.
TLC “Red Light Special”. One of TLC’s sexiest songs I’ve ever heard. It has the feel of being a little nasty and nice rolled into one. Dance to this for your partner and you’re going to be getting some.
Ginuwine “Pony”. Can’t go wrong with this one. You know you ladies went crazy when you heard it in Magic Mike.
R Kelly “Bump n’ Grind”. From the intro, you already know what’s about to go down. Then when the beat drops, you’ll get your hips swinging.
Robin Thicke “Sex Therapy”. This is an awesome song and the title alone makes it known: It’s on like donkey kong.
Norah Jones “Come Away With Me”. Light up some candles and let the romance begin.
John Mayer “Your Body Is A Wonderland”. John Mayer captures the feeling that you just have to relax and enjoy each other’s company. It’s playful and flirty at the same time.
John Legend “Tonight (Best You Ever Had)”. Can’t have one of these playlists without John Legend. This is the song you can use as your “talking dirty” stage. “Yes, tonight and every night, I’ll be the best you ever had. Your eyes will roll back and your toes will curl up.”
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Perfect Pixie Role Models For Women Who Want A Hair Makeover