The hippest happenings in the local fashion, beauty, food, and culture scene:
1. Kanye West and adidas have done it again! The YEEZY BOOST 350 V2s are back in black and red. And for the first time, they come not in not just adult sizes but infant sizes, too! The adult version will be launched via in-store ballot at select adidas Original stores, while the infant version will be sold as an adidas e-Com exclusive. Follow the adidas Facebook.com/adidas for the latest updates on this release. You can also check out adidas.com/yeezy
[related: Hot Stuff: Fashion Week Watch: Collections By Kanye, Kylie, and Kendall]
2. Thinking of going to Thailand this year? The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) invites everyone to check out the 24th Philippine Travel Agencies Association (PTAA) Travel Expo 2017 from February 10-12 at SMX Mall of Asia. Not only can you avail of big discounts and exciting Thailand travel packages, but you’ll also get a chance to win a special dinner cruise with TAT ambassador himself, Mario Maurer! Visit facebook.com/TATPhilippines for more information.
3. Highly acclaimed stage and television actress Cherie Gil leads the cast of Repertory Philippines’ (REP for short) Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike, which is on until tomorrow at the OnStage Theater in Greenbelt 1, Makati. The first offering of REP this year (their 50th anniversary!), Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike tells the comedic story of a weekend gone wrong when Masha (played by Cherie) and her boy toy Spike go to visit her unhappy siblings, Sonia and Masha. Call REP at 843.3570, and Ticketworld at 891.999 or log on to www.ticketworld.com.ph for inquiries. For updates and show schedules, log on to www.repertoryphilippines.ph, like and follow repertoryphilippines on Facebook and Instagram, and follow @repphils on Twitter.
4. Speaking of designers, Eye Society (which is known to carry a number of high-end, international eyewear brands) is offering shoppers a free prescription lens when they buy a pair of optical frames from Ray Bans' My First Ray-Ban® Collection! The promo is valid at every branch of Eye Society between February 1 to March 15, 2017. Terms and conditions apply. Eye Society, the House of Brands, branches are located at the 3/F SM Aura Premier, Bonifacio Global City Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 32nd & 5th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City and Eye Society UG/F, SM Seaside Cebu, and many others all over the Philippines. Visit www.eyesociety.com.ph, Facebook.com/eyesocietyph and follow @eyesocietyph on Instagram.
5. Take your pre-dinner drinks and appetizers to (literally!) new heights at Vu’s Sky Bar and Lounge in Marco Polo Ortigas Manila. It’s got a wide selection of cocktails, wines, and spirits that you can pair with their famous Filipino, Spanish, and Mediterranean cuisine—all while giving you an incredible view of the city skyline. Vu’s Sky Bar and Lounge has also just launched Aperitivo, which is the Italian tradition of socializing over food and drink. From the Apertivo, you can indulge in a number of cold cuts, pizzas, cheeses, croquettes, and house wines. Call +632-7207777, book online via www.marcopolohotels.com, or email [email protected] for more information. You can also visit Facebook.com/MarcoPoloOrtigasManila or follow @MarcoPoloManila on Twitter or Instagram.
6. SYNE is offering you three limited edition, silk to velvet styles that’s sure to turn heads this Valentine’s Day: The Syne cowl neck top with tulip skirts, Syne slip dresses with ruffled details, and Burgundy silk coordinates—all of which can be pre-ordered and custom tailored to your body! It only takes 3-5 days for design production. Head on over to synelabel.com for pre-order inquiries. You can also check out https://www.facebook.com/synelabel and follow @synelabel on Instagram for orders.
7. If you’re thinking of embarking on an outdoor adventure this Valentine’s, Merrell has the got the adventure gear and apparel you need. Singles can conquer mountains and hikes by choosing among the brand’s Capra Bolt, Annex Metro, Capra Rise, Moab FST GORE-TEX, or Capra Rapid shoe designs. Couples looking to backpack, to go to the beach, or fly abroad can select from their wide range of footwear and bags. Visit Facebook.com/MerrellPhilippines, and follow them @Merrell_PH on Twitter and Instagram for more information.
8. Luxury tea brand TWG Tea will open its sixth Salon & Boutique at the S Mansion of Conrad Manila. Aside from bringing its collection of over 800 fine harvests and exclusive tea blends, TWG Tea will also introduce its limited-time only Spring 2017 Haute Couture Tea Collection® featuring Always Sakura Tea. The 200-square meter space can very well accommodate a maximum of 34 guests. Visit Facebook.com/TWGTeaOfficial, follow them @twgteaofficial on Twitter and Instagram, and check out Youtube.com/ user/TWGTea1837 for more information
9. Get ready to fall in love with the latest products from Michael Kors! This Valentine’s Day, choose from their extensive collection of bags, bracelets, sandals, card holders, totes, earrings, necklaces, keychains, watches, travel wallets, phone cases, cameras and camera bags, leather stickers, wristlets, shades, and fragrances from the MICHAEL Michael Kors line. Michael Kors is at Central Square in Bonifacio High Street Central, Greenbelt 5, Newport Mall, Power Plant Mall, Rustan’s Makati and Shangri-La Plaza Mall. Follow them @ssilifeph on Instagram for more information.
10. Lush has launched a Valentine’s themed range of bath bombs, bubble bars, bath melts, massage bars, lip glosses, lip scrubs, shower creams, soaps, and wash cards. If individual products aren’t enough, gift sets are also available to give to your special someone! Lush is located at Alabang Town Center, Bonifacio High Street, Estancia at Capitol Commons, Glorietta 4, Greenbelt 3, Robinsons Magnolia, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, SM Mall of Asia and Trinoma. Visit facebook.com/lushphilippines or follow @lushcosmeticsph and @ssilifeph on Instagram for more information.
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: This Might Be The Last Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta!