Chocolates, flowers, teddy bears, dinner dates—things that Valentine's Day sweetness is made of, but are actually very predictable already, so if you want to leave your special someone speechless in awe, better step it up.
These dashing male celebs make for perfect role models, what with how they went the extra mile to surprise their lady loves—take your cue from them:
1. Bring in a massive flower arrangement with a special message. Giving a bouquet of flowers is already the norm during Valentine's Day. How do you spice things up, then, especially if your sweetheart is a sucker for flowers? By coming up with an out-of-the-box arrangement, just like Xian Lim’s life-sized heart-shaped bouquet surprise for Kim Chiu last year.
2. Find that item your loved one really, really wants. No matter how difficult, challenging, or expensive it may be, going all out for her should be a no-brainer if she's that important to you. Case in point? When Enrique Gil gifted Liza Soberano with a vintage Chanel bag—in the exact specifications she has been wanting (and searching for) for the longest time.
3. Have her favorite artist serenade her. Part of knowing your special someone well includes knowing his or her musical preferences and favorite artists, of course. Having that fave artist perform for her? Such a priceless gift! When Rob Mananquil invited Barbie Almalbis to surprise girlfriend Maxene Magalona for her birthday, Maxene was speechless.
4. Treat her to a “ride of a lifetime.” Lunch and dinner dates nowadays can be logistically difficult to plan because of all the heavy traffic in the Metro. Here's a smart move that's guaranteed to make your special someone swoon: Take her on a romantic helicopter ride that won't only keep you away from traffic, but gives that "on top of the world" feeling, like what Billy Crawford did for Coleen Garcia on their anniversary last year.
5. Get something your loved one needs but does not yet realize the importance of, or she just might be too kuripot to spend on. If you have been together for a long period of time, it is wise to think of gifts that can make your sweetheart's life easier every day. Robin Padilla gifted wife Mariel Rodriguez with a brand new van—something that will make her travels uber comfortable.
6. Eat away in the best romantic style. A less expensive but very sweet date idea? Take her on a picnic! That's exactly what James Reid did for Nadine Lustre when they were vacationing in Paris, France. Besides it being romantic in itself specially if you choose a really, really nice spot, the fact that you prepared everything makes it one for the books.
ALSO READ: In Focus: An Exclusive Chat With Hugot Genius Design Pirate PH
Photographs from Instagram.com/chinitaprincess, Instagram.com/Lizasoberano, Instagram.com/maxenemagalona, and Instagram.com/marieltpadilla