For weeks on end, Angel Locsin kept everyone guessing why she was suddenly sporting a wig, when she's always had lustrous long locks; that is, until she finally spoke up about a salon treatment gone wrong, as she debuted a truly chic pixie cut:
Even if the story behind Angel's new 'do is not at all glamorous, she nonetheless is rockin' this look well.
“Kapag may nangyari sa buhay natin, kailangan lang natin mag-move on, and bonggahan natin ang pag-move on,” Angel told TV Patrol reporter MJ Felipe in an interview.
She may not have had plans to chop off most of her hair, but there's no denying that Angel has set new #hairgoals for a lot of women (pixie cuts just give you that unparalleled spunk!). But before her foray into (very) short hair territory, there were equally lovely women who came before her in proving that less hair can mean a whole lot more fun:
1. Lea Salonga. Her decision to chop off her hair last year was because she wanted to try something new, and got tired of having long locks and not knowing how to style it aside from ponytails. Her husband Robert Chien likes her 'do, too.
2. Jodi Sta. Maria. Pangako Sa'Yo's iconic character Amor Powers was synonymous to a fierce pixie cut.. when Jodi Sta. Maria took on the role in the remake, she opted for a modern spin on the pixie, with less fringe and more room to just tousle things up.
[related: The Glam Squad Diaries: Alex Carbonell on Jodi Sta. Maria’s Hair Transformation]
3. Angelica Panganiban. Just like Jodi, Angelica also cut her hair short for her role as Claudia Buenavista in Pangako Sa ‘Yo. Her short ‘do also became instrumental in her crafting of hugot lines for Banana Sundae, and had nothing to do with her breakup with John Lloyd Cruz.
[related: The Six Fix: #HugotPaMore with the Latest from Angelica Panganiban's Feels Files]
4. Jessy Mendiola. Everyone got shocked when ever dainty Jessy went for a very short bob. Her reason for cutting her hair? She wanted to show her rebellious side, veering away from her long and wavy locks during her Maria Mercedes days. In addition, Jessy said in a previous interview that having short hair meant a low maintenance tress regimen.
5. Kris Aquino. This short style that was achieved after four haircuts was one of Kris' way to recover from a “heartache,” as she revealed on Aquino and Abunda Tonight back in 2014.
6. KZ Tandingan. Amid the various speculations about her sudden pixie haircut, KZ explained in an interview that she wanted a look that would enable her to express herself fully (and not because she was heartbroken!). Presently, she is in a relationship with singer TJ Monterde.
ALSO READ: In Focus: Throwback Celebrity Preggo Photos That Prove Motherhood Make Women Look More Beautiful
Photographs from Instagram.com/lalaflores16, Instagram.com/iamangelicap, Instagram.com/kztandingan, Instagram.com/wonder_jessy, Instagram.com/krisaquino, Instagram.com/jodistamaria, and Leasalonga.com.