Heads up, hot air balloon lovers: This year might be your last chance to ride a hot air balloon (or see them floating in the sky) at the Clark International Airport, what with the government planning to make full use of it as an alternate airport to NAIA.
While the organizers have yet to find a place big enough to showcase all of those stunning hot air balloons in different shapes and sizes, we give you a quick rundown of why you should not miss this year's Hot Air Balloon Fiesta:
1. It's one of the best places to do YOLO-worthy things. Aside from riding a hot air balloon (and if the $350 fee is too steep for you), there will be various activities that will surely give you an adrenaline rush. You can choose to try solo or tandem paragliding, solo or tandem skydiving, or go ride a 4x4 and chase after the hot air balloons in the sky. Who knows, you might spot this cool hot air balloon around:
2. You will be treated to a diverse set of performers. Aside from local artists, visitors who will be there on February 12 will get to witness a multi-cultural concert, featuring artists from Samoa (Nyssa Collins), New Zealand (Miss Nilla), South Africa (Clinton Mann), and Zimbabwe (Thabani Gapara). For those who will be there on February 11, ABS-CBN has got a musical surprise for you.
3. This year's airshow exhibitors are a must-see. For this year, you have the Former British Red Devils demonstrating their skydiving skills, Canadian Sean Clarke showcasing his flying skills once again at the Super Decathlon aerobatic show, the Angeles City Flying Club (ACFC) demonstrating their Ultralight / Microlight Aircraft Formation Flights, and PPHGA demonstrating the wonders of Tandem Paragliding. For February 11, former US Marine Pilot Robert T. Wagner will be doing a flyby for the audience. Watching all these airshows is by itself a spectacle; both young and old will surely appreciate those death-defying stunts!
4. You never know what surprise will happen this year. In the past few years, this event has been a popular venue for declarations of love. In 2016, two men proposed to their girlfriends here. Nothing beats that "love is in the air" feeling: Proposing to your loved one, with all the colorful hot air balloons up in the sky.
5. It's a great Valentines' date activity! For only a P350 entrance fee, you'll surely get to indulge your many feels.
[related: The Roundup: 5 Exciting Activities that Make the Hot Air Balloon Festival A Great Date Destination]
Here's a survival guide video to help you make the most out of your Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta experience.
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Find The Perfect Valentine's Day Movie For You No Matter The State Of Your Heart
Banner photograph from the Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta official Facebook page.