Can you see it, or not see it, rather? The makeup these beautiful faces may or may not be wearing keeps you guessing. There may be some, there may not be any on these girls, but Alicia Keys seems to have set off global inspiration and spouted more courage to put your face forward au naturel more often (but she still enhances her skin with Vita Liberata Anti-Aging Self-Tanning Serum and ice therapy to bring on the flush). Here are five tips we can give after staring at these five Filipina faces:
1. Elisse Joson. Her brows are exquisitely natural here and she trusts her makeup artist, Qua and takes her lead from him when they're not together. To follow suit groom your brows well (remove strays underneath) and if no spots are in sight, skip foundation and take cream blush or a warm, terracotta-ish bronzer across your bare face, across the cheeks, and a bit on the nose.
2. Liza Soberano. Liza looks gorgeous with or without makeup, whether in work mode or chill-out mode. A well-exfoliated pout adds color to a bare face. Your lips shouldn't be flaky or dry, they may look pale and unsightly. Exfoliate your lips gently before bed with a damp face towel or a lip scrub and apply a lip ointment or balm and allow it to sit overnight.
3. KC Concepcion. KC has beautiful, healthy skin. She also doesn't use a myriad of excessive skincare items and only what is essential. Some of us (like her) are more sensitive to certain cosmetic ingredients. If you are more sensitive, check the ingredient labels of the makeup that you use, you may want to add just a tad bit more to your budget and spend on paraben-free makeup brands with more natural ingredients like the Greek one, Korres (which I have tried and loved and can vouch for).
4. Nadine Lustre. Nadine posted this shot on the first day of the year. What we noticed from her take is this: When going for less in the makeup department, you also need to wear CONFIDENCE. That gives the strongest illusion that you've put on more. Perhaps one more wee tip for a shot like this? Curl your lashes well and put on clear mascara for that natural look.
5. Kathryn Bernardo. She looked so fresh that Daniel Padilla just had to post this! Some of us while sporting less layers of cosmetics on the go still might not be able to resist a pop of color. Opt for a lip and cheek stain or tinted lip balm instead of full-on lipstick to brighten your bare look without making it look heavy.
Since we think many may not want to take their makeup down to the appearance of ground zero, we have referred a pro to guide you. Kate Winslet and Keira Knightley's makeup artist of choice in the UK, Lisa Eldridge, demonstrates below how she does her quick, 5-minute makeup routine:
ALSO READ: In Focus: 'It' Couple Solenn Heussaff And Nico Bolzico's Home Is A Haven Of Style And Good Vibes
Photographs from Instagram.com/nadzlustre, Instagram.com/itskcconcepcion, Instagram.com/elissejosonn, Instagram.com/supremo_dp, Instagram.com/lizasoberano