With his expertise in curating lovely frocks for his muses and clients (including Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach), he’s the perfect person to ask about how one can transform and imitate the French Girl vibe, given his most recent runway display for L’Oréal Professionnel #FrenchBrowns by Majirel. "We wanted to design pieces any French girl would wear from day to night. French women are particular about the colors and textures of their clothes and so are we. We went through a careful selection of colors and fabrics that would complement #FrenchBrowns colors," the Francis Libiran design team explains. So if you’re thinking of a more feminine look for the coming year, read on and note these pointers down:
1. Merge formal with a messy look. Go for relaxed, but let your hair fall naturally, so to speak. See French girls walking their streets in a floral dress and a disheveled bun? It’s carefree yet chic!
2. Be particular with the details. As an architect, Francis gets inspired by architectural details—the castles, the moldings of the structures, and so much more. Amp up your look with unique and intricate patterns for your choice of clothing.
3. Use leather. Francis’ choice? Bronze leather, just to make it look modern.
4. Tone down the color. For a more femme feel, choose pastels, neutrals, or dark colors. “Nothing loud, nothing fuchsia or green. It’s more of a settled tone,” he says. Keep the French girl's minimalist aesthetic in mind!
5. Make sure it fits. Highlight your lady curves, because that’s the essence of being a woman. He notes that you should make sure your outfit suits your body perfectly.
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: You'll Swoon Over The Exquisite Details Of Kaye Abad's Wedding Gown!