We know, it's a lot of stress and pressure to find the present your receiver will treasure forever, so we made this list for each type of shopper. We also know that malls get too crowded, that sometimes even the massive sales where you can get almost anything and everything don't hold as much appeal anymore. For a different shopping experience this year, why not try these shopping places where you can score great finds at super affordable prices (read: waaay cheaper than the usual prices!)? It's worth the travel, especially if bulk buying is your thing.
1. For the Traditional Buyer: Noel Bazaar. Reason why people troop to the Noel Bazaar every year is because prices drop big time, from branded clothes and shoes to cosmetics and scents, food items and furniture for the home. Make sure to set aside one whole day to check everything out (there are rows and rows of kiosks!). Wear your comfiest shoes and bring an extra bag—you'll badly need it! Must-buy: Fandom merchandise (HP, Pokemon, etc.), lipsticks for P100, locally-made accessories, buy-one-take-one branded sneaker deals, and yummy bottled/packed goodies! Catch the Noel Bazaar from December 15 to 18 at SMX Convention Center.
2. For the Beauty-holic: Sephora, BeautyMNL, and Althea Philippines. Love makeup? You've probably bought loot from one of these online stores (or all!). But for the holidays, you'll love hoarding beauty treats for you and your girlfriends (and mom and sisters and cousins)! Must-buy: Limited edition holiday collections in cheaper prices (like the Candy Cane line), beauty prods that come with freebies for every order (like Catwalk products with free leave-in conditioner), and exclusive Korean beauty loot! Visit www.sephora.ph, www.beautymnl, and ph.althea.kr.
[related: In Focus: 10 Makeup Mistakes You Need To Stop Making Right Now]
3. For the Book Hoarder: Scholastic Christmas Warehouse Sale. If you're the type who love sharing the different places you get to go to thanks to those fictional worlds, this is your heaven. For P799, you can hoard as many books as you can, as long as it fits all in the box that comes with your registration. Christmas shopping has never been this fun! Must-buy: Different scholastic titles, of course! Catch their holiday sale until December 22, 9AM to 6PM at 70 C. Raymundo Street, Pasig City.
[related: Hot Stuff: 10 Solid Book Choices For Kids Before Bed]
4. For the No-Brainer Gift-er: The Young Adult Planner. No time to think for everyone's present? No problem. Give them the gift of a well-organized 2017 and wrap this planner up! Try to veer away from the traditional coffee shop planners. This cute, trendy planner is very 'in' and fun, they'll enjoy filling up those pages, with a notes section, quotes for every week, and special fun activity pages! Surely, this is a must-have for the millennials in your life. For orders, check out facebook.com/youngadultplanner.
5. For the Last-Minute Shopper: World Bazaar Festival. If an impromtu shopping trip is needed, heading to this bazaar is your solution. And who knows, you might even bump into your favorite celebrities as some of them we've already spotted Christmas shopping here! Must-buy: Your holiday apparel (they've got a great selection of stores, from online sellers to brands that sell overruns!), local goods (food and furniture), and cute items for the kids (like emoticon pillows and toys). The bazaar runs until December 22 at the World Trade Center.
ALSO READ: Retail Game Changer: H&M's Black Friday Sale Has Deals Up To 70% Off—New Collection Included!
Photographs from Instagram.com/noelbazaar, Instagram.com/maybelline.ph, Instagram.com/scholasticinc, Instagram.com/worldbazaarfestival, and Facebook.com/youngadultplanner