1. All of the lights. Makati has opened its Festival of Lights at Ayala Triangle gardens on October 15. Comprising of millions of LED lights and ground lights, these lights change color and shape according to the music. Those looking for a place to visit during the holidays should drop by here, as the exhibit will last until January 8, 2017.
2. Mannequins of Sesame Street. With the mannequin challenge going viral, it's not surprising that the cast of Sesame Street has joined in on the fun. Everything was going well, until one Muppet made a faux pas. Can you guess who?
3. A possible weapon to combat all those hoax sites. It seems like all those fake news providers just won't go away, don't you think? Here's what Facebook and Google have thought in the hopes of banishing them: By targeting them through advertising. Through this method, both will restrict ads on fake news sites. Google and Facebook’s idea though looks complicated, but good thing a group of students figured how to filter your news feed in just 36 hours (and you can download the Chrome extension, in fact!)
4. Celebrate humanity! While some countries have to deal with LGBT discrimination, Tinder is further promoting equality and fair treatment through its #AllTypesAllSwipes campaign. By having 37 gender options, people have a better way of describing their gender identity, and not be limited to male and female.
5. Big win. The buzz surrounding indie movie Apocalypse Child, along with the cast and crew’s appeal for the film to be shown in more theaters, became bigger as the film bagged the Best Feature film award at the Toronto International Film Festival. If you haven't seen yet the movie (it's now on its 4th week), go visit your nearest cinema, stat!
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Google Releases App To Digitize Boxes Of Old Photo Prints
Banner photograph from Twitter.com/mjfelipe