Your ears perk up everytime your colleagues are excited to meet up with their teammates after office hours to work up a sweat. Team? The last time the word "team" rang a bell for you was at work in the word "teambuilding," you know that annual thing... at work still.
It would be pretty cool to fit in a sport and forge ties with a regular group or team, but then you might never have grown up focused on any particular sport. Or, maybe you probably did for a couple of years because your parents made you. An entire era has passed but that doesn't mean you can't roll back into athletics at your current age. Here are a couple of existing sports and athletic activities you can choose from and where to go to check them out. (Note: Some of these places have been around for years and may not have social media, so you may have to actually go there to sign up.):
1. TENNIS at U.P. Diliman, UP Diliman Campus, Quezon City. "The tennis club, beside the College of Engineering is open to the public and you can hire a coach." —Noelle de Guzman a.k.a. @kikayrunner, recreational runner, Team MaccaX, sports and fitness writer
2. SWIMMING at Swimfit Philippines. E. Rodriguez, Quezon City; contact +63905-3184452. "They have an adult learn-to-swim program." —Georgia Rocha-Chu, former DLSU Courtside Reporter and Sports TV Host
"Aside from being certified to teach babies and adults with zero swimming skills, our school specializes on focusing on improving the existing skill set of each and every individual. Swimfit PH assesses your existing performance and isolates specific trouble areas and strives to help you perform at your best."
3. SPINNING/INDOOR CYCLING at Electric Studio.Ph. 2/F 8 Forbes Town Road, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. "The Electric Experience is a full body workout focused on optimal movements, music and motivation. We use choreography to strengthen the core and use weights to tone the upper body. We believe fitness switches everything on—your body, your mind, and how you live your life."
4. ADULT BEGINNERS FOOTBALL with Futbol Funatics. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +632-6222898 or +63917-3290011, or head over to www.futbolfunatics.com/campadult/adult-class/. "Year-round soccer camps for kids, private one-on-one workshops, exclusive group classes, football merchandis e, soccer parties, corporate football events, academic tutorial services and international immersion programs."
5. Ultimate Frisbee via Philippine Flying Disc Association, Adult beginners' nights in Meralco football field, Ortigas. Inquire via Facebook regarding their beginners' nights.
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: The Rewards You'll Reap If You Get A Workout Buddy