Imagine getting up in the morning, but instead of spending minutes putting your make-up on, you walk straight out the door. No need to stop at the mirror to check your reflection on the way to work because there's no mascara that will smudge. Your handbag sides are clutter-free zones, devoid of cosmetics. And when you're gearing up for a big night out, lipstick and eyeliner don't even feature. There's no need to reach for the cleansing wipes come 2AM or risk a mascara-flecked pillow.
Makeup is fun, but it shouldn’t be obligatory! We're advocates of enhancing your beauty by having fun with makeup, but we also believe that there are plenty of ways to look beautiful sans makeup. Take these beauties, for example, they are makeup lovers themselves but they aren't afraid to show the world their bare faces in all their au naturel glory:
1. Kim Chiu. If you're wearing makeup, it's always important to prepare the skin by cleansing it especially if you're the type of girl who's always on the go! Urban life can leave our skin grimy and dull, so cleanse regularly to keep your skin looking fresh if you want to be a natural beauty.
2. Jessy Mendiola. What better way to take care of your body, skin, and health than by taking caring of yourself on the inside? After all, your appearance is a reflection of your internal health. If you want to feel confident about yourself without hiding behind makeup, you should lead a healthy lifestyle. Part of a healthy lifestyle is #exercise and good diet.
3. Bea Alonzo. You probably guessed it, another way to look pretty without makeup is simply to dress nicely! Don't be afraid to mix styles of your own. Your outfit is an extension of your personality. It always makes a statement, so better make it cool and pretty!
4. Kathryn Bernardo. It needs caring for both inside and out. To help yourself look beautiful without any makeup, drink lots of water and vitamins. Also ensure that you get enough sleep.
5. Julia Barretto. Having a fabulous haircut will definitely help you look beautiful without makeup. When you love your cut, you’ll look and feel great.
6. Julia Montes. There is no need to use lipsticks or lip stains to change the color of your lips because in the end your natural lip color will always suit you best.
7. Elisse Joson. Believe that you look beautiful without makeup, and others will believe it as well. Many of the ways to look beautiful without makeup have to do with how you feel about yourself, and this is just one of them.
8. Sofia Andres. Hygiene is the key concept in keeping up a good appearance. Oftentimes you don't need tons of makeup to be pretty, clean hair, nice clothes, and fresh looks should be the foundation of your beauty!
9. Loisa Andalio. You might feel like your eyes are dull without any eyeliner or eyeshadow, but don't think that only makeup can bring out your eyes. You can simply use eyes drops to wake up your whole face and make it appear clearer.
10. Ylona Garcia. A happy heart can really make anyone look great. All of them will notice your glow rather than any flaws—and no makeup can match that.
11. Lauren Reid. Isn't it just so nice to feel the sun on your face while doing everyday things like running errands or taking walks through your neighborhood? We're totally envious of Lauren here, basking in the beauty of nature. But still, always remember to not let your skin get oily—be it by plane, train, bus, or car, traveling can take its toll on your appearance so always have oil control films handy.
12. Nadine Lustre. One tip to look beautiful without makeup is to make the most of your natural features. Look how Nadine still kept her eyebrows on fleek! Taking care of these details means that even without makeup, you look groomed and smart.
13. Sarah Lahbati. There is no way you can consider your skin to be healthy without protecting it from harmful UV rays. Not only does sunscreen protection result in facial improvement but it also benefits your appearance in the long run, helping your skin age gracefully.
14. Yassi Pressman. Cleansing your face and getting rid of dirt may not actually be enough to improve the condition of your skin, which is why it's important to moisturize it everyday. Even if you have oily skin, moisturizing can prevent your body from excreting excess oil and help lock in moisture to keep the surface of your skin even and smooth.
15. Anne Curtis and Jasmine Curtis. The motto is—stay positive and don't get too self conscious. Your attitude will greatly influence the way people perceive you. Look how sisters Anne and Jasmine's beauty radiate in this photo. So yes, a big smile is the best makeup for any girl!
ALSO READ: In Focus: Who's The Chicest Celebrity Mom Of All?
Photographs from Instagram.com/chinitaprincess, Instagram.com/iamsofiaandres, Instagram.com/juliabarretto, Instagram.com/beaalonzo, Instagram.com/annecurtissmith, Instagram.com/montesjulia08, Instagram.com/yassipressman, Instagram.com/loisanadalio, Instagram.com/sarahlahbati, Instagram.com/ylongarcia, Instagram.com/nadzlustre, and Instagram.com/laurenreidabook