Sh wasn't just inarguably the country's best stateswoman; she was a woman who inspired us all with her strength, courage, and principles; a woman who amused us all with her witty statements. And for that, Former Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago will be truly missed—the feisty senator passed away this morning after months of battling lung cancer, and many Filipinos took to social media to express their mourning, and their gratitude to the woman who showed us just what it means to have the balls to go through life.
1. Senator Grace Poe-Llamanzares, who announced Defensor-Santiago’s passing during the senate hearing earlier, has this to say:
2. We agree with actor Marco Gumabao on this...
3. Even parody Twitter account Senyora Santibanez, whose tweets remind us of Defensor-Santiago’s personality at times is thankful to the latter.
4. This early, there are calls to air Defensor-Santiago’s life story on TV.
5. Film director Mae Cruz Alviar knows that Defensor-Santiago served our country 'til the very end.
6. Musician Dong Abay tweeted two Defensor-Santiago quotable quotes.
7. Heart Evangelista detailed some of her memories of her “second mom":
8. Director Joey Javier Reyes is hoping there will be Defensor-Santiagos in the future.
ALSO READ: Love Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago’s Love (and Life) Lessons? Here's Some Good News For You
Banner photograph from News.ABS-CBN.com