Still remember this Instagram post, where Angel Locsin showcased her iconic Darna pose while taking a break from her workout?
We can now end all speculations as to who will be the next Darna, as Star Cinema head Malou Santos has confirmed in several reports that Angel will be reprising her role as Darna/Narda in 2017.
Angel, who has been recovering from a medical procedure she underwent in 2015 to address a disc bulge in her spine, has already started preparing herself for the role through various fitness trainings and activities, both indoor and outdoor. We take a look at Angel’s Instagram account to to see how well she's been doing on her road to recovery and preparations for her reprisal of the iconic komiks character:
1. Aquatherapy: This is one of the exercises Angel first engaged in post-operation with assistance from her physical therapist Kim Salamat. This mode of therapy is beneficial for those who are looking for an increase in flexibility and muscle strength, among others.
2. Treadmill: Doing scenes for Darna would mean lots of running, so in order to keep up with those fast-paced scenes, Kim included this as part of Angel’s preparation for the role in order to enhance Angel’s stamina and endurance.
3. Weight exercises: After undergoing rehab for several months, Angel is slowly strengthening and toning her muscles through various weight exercises, starting with the lightest weight plate.
4. Hiking: With all the rehabilitation Angel has underwent, she took her (rehabilitated) body to the test in two outdoor activities, the first being hiking towards the peak of Mount Pico de Loro in Batangas.
5. Scuba diving: While Angel has to thank aquatherapy a lot for strengthening her muscles and increasing her flexibility post-op, scuba diving helps her enhance her agility and focus, crucial for the action scenes she will be shooting for Darna.
Can't wait to see Angel as Darna again!
ALSO READ: Daily Diaries: How to Be Badass Like Angel Locsin
Artwork by Jana Jimenez