Welcome aboard, baby Soriano!
Yesterday's a big celebration for the soon-to-be mom and dad. Toni Gonzaga and Paul Soriano are all set to be parents—and what better way to hype up the anticipation than by inviting family and friends to pre-greet the bundle of joy through a baby shower!
[related: The Six Fix: Keep Calm, Baby Bump Ahead]
Summer may be over but the bash's theme seems like fitting for a mighty boy on his way to the world. Toni liked the, "Ahoy, it's a boy!" tagline so much that they decided on a nautical motif for the occasion, hosted by StarStudio and Working Mom. And so white, red, and blue colors, stripes galore, and seafaring decors bannered the hall that afternoon.
[related: Hot Stuff: Weddings and Babies Take Centerstage in StarStudio's June 2016 Issue]
For expecting moms like Toni, her party's a total inspo—so we gathered some tips on how to make the great baby welcome just like how they did it:
1. Get creative! They didn't limit the decorations to the usual nautical—as long as it looks cute and does not look out of place, place it! We love how everything is just so artsy and not too boyish, just because it's a boy. Think of it as decorating your nursery—it's that easy!
2. Let others chip in for more ideas. Call your trusted sister for some reinforcement if you think your ideas are lacking. Chat up your college bestfriend for advice on which chairs are better or where to get them. Don't feel pressured—it's supposed to be fun!
3. Flood it with food! A buffet is a common thing, but amp up the party experience by getting food stalls so your guests can enjoy the variety! Try a candy corner (overload them with sweets!), an ice cream stop, and even a fries or fish and chips bar will make the experience unique and unforgettable!
4. The photo corner should be cute for adults as well as for kiddies. It's a fact that we loooove taking photos. Don't limit this to selfies—get a photobooth master so there'll be unlimited souvenirs for you to look back on when your kid grows up!
5. But you can also add a nook for the toddlers while their parents party with you! Mommy friends Beauty Gonzalez and Sarah Lahbati brought their toddlers along with them to the baby shower! In such cases when friends bring their kiddos, too, get them preoccupied by setting up a play station for them and they can let their moms have the much needed chika time without worrying!
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Toni, Mariel, Fille, and Paula's Preggo Dressing Techniques
Photographs from Instagram.com/deniseochoa, Instagram.com/partymagicph, and Instagram.com/cathygonzaga