If Emily Charlton of The Devil Wears Prada had attended the recently concluded Paris Fashion Week, we're pretty sure she'll be one of the first to join the standing ovation for Dubai-based Filipino designer Michael Cinco's debut in this much-celebrated bi-annual event.
It's another Pinoy pride—Michael wowed the crowd with his exceptional talent in fashion, and we couldn't help but feel proud that another world-class talent made waves internationally. And how else can we showcase that the Philippines can be a city of fashion as well? You guessed it—through the runway, yes. His COUTURíSSIMO collection was fabulous and amazing—and here's why!
1. It's very wearable. It's chic, it's timeless, and it's perfect to wear in real life. The lengths and cuts of his designs are tailored for both hot and cold climates. An all-over piece, indeed!
2. It's versatile. Each dress is a mix of casual and formal. It can be worn at almost any occasion! [related: The Six Fix: The Versatile Sneaker Styles that Are So Hot Right Now]
3. It's very Pinoy. Inspired by Filipino embroidery patterns ikat, banig, and solihiya, and terno styles and our national men's costume barong, the looks he pulled off are modernly traditional. [related: The Glam Squad Diaries: Stylists and Designers on Their 2016 Fashion Plans for Kim, Kathryn, & More]
4. It's reasonably priced. Unlike other haute couture brands, This particular collection of Michael's isn't that expensive (about P13,000-P20,000 pesos per piece). It's quality that's more affordable than usual.
5. It combines sensuality and class. Pearl beads, florals and lace, hand-sewn and crafted refinely and with close attention to detail, the signature Michael Cinco style leads toward the strong, feminine approach in dressing.
6. It's a first! And we hope to see more of his collections in future Parisian shows and other city's Fashion Weeks, too!
ALSO READ: Style Spotlight: Kathryn Bernardo and Designer Martin Bautista, A Winning Combination
Photographs from Instagram.com/michael5inco