Once a bookworm, always a bookworm. No matter how busy they are, acting, hosting, and performing live, Anne Curtis, Nikki Gil, Coleen Garcia, Kris Aquino, Sarah Lahbati, and Kelsey Merritt always make time to read. Whether they’re on a plane thousands of feet up in the sky, or on the rooftop of a New York city apartment, or stuck in an airport, give them a good book and their hearts are happy. Take a peek at their reading list.
1. Anne Curtis. Despite being one of the busiest showbiz personalities today, hosting It’s Showtime and We Love OPM while training for her first action film Buy Bust, Anne still manages to sneak in some ‘me time’ somewhere in her super hectic schedule. What does she do with this 'me time,' you might ask, well, pretty much everything and anything, from working out and traveling with her boyfriend Erwan Heussaff, to hanging out with her fellow ‘it’ girls, to reading a book. Apparently Anne is a bookworm: Her hashtag #Anneslibrary is proof of that, as one click on it and you’ll find all her book hauls that she has shared on Instagram.
Recent read: The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. The book tells the story of lighthouse keeper Tom Sherbourn and his wife, as the decision they made when they found a baby on a boat, caused them some devastating outcome years later.
2. Coleen Garcia. Aside from traveling all over the world with beau Billy Crawford, reading is another thing Coleen enjoys doing in her downtime. So when she gets to travel and read a book while at it, she is sure to be in such pure bliss. And based on her selection of books, it seems that Coleen likes a good suspense/thriller story. Some of her plane reads include Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, the book from which the film of the same name is based starring Charlize Theron and the dystopian novella Animal Farm by George Owell that was published in 1945.
Recent read: All the Missing Girls by Mega Miranda, a nail-biting, breathtaking story about the disappearances of two young women—a decade apart—told in reverse.
3. Kris Aquino. It was late March of this year when Kris bid goodbye to her morning talk show KrisTV, to take a much-needed break, citing her health condition as the main reason. Her doctors strongly suggest that she take some rest, and her idea of relaxation, aside from spending time with her sons, is to read… A LOT, which comes as no surprise as she normally shares her favorite books on Instagram like James Patterson’s Private series, the bestseller that revolves around internationally-renowned investigation company Private.
Recent read: The Games, A Private novel by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan. This is the 11th book in the series that includes books set in Berlin, Sydney, Mumbai, Paris, and now Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where the Olympic games are being held making it the perfect target for terrorists.
4. Nikki Gil. Taking some time off work to enjoy her married life with businessman BJ Albert, Nikki Gil now has more time to do other things she loves, like reading! Her favorite? Historical fiction like The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah which she just recently finished, and her verdict is “Wow. slow start, but it picks up. Four stars for this one. If you like World War II fiction like me, I guarantee this won't disappoint! Oh, and I like the name "Vianne" ?? teehee! #nikkireads.”
Next on her list: Tales of the Jazz Age by F. Scott Fitzgerald, a collection of 11 classic short stories one of which is one his most popular short stories, The Curious Tale of Benjamin Button.
5. Sarah Lahbati. Not many people may know, but ASAP’s dance goddess Sarah Lahbati is also a bookworm. In a guesting on the now-defunct morning show KrisTV, when asked what’s Sarah is like at home, Ruffa Gutierrez and Annabelle Rama said that she is normally quiet and can often be seen curled up reading a book, non-fiction books to be more specific. One of the books that Sarah really is all praises for is the bestselling My Fight / Your Fight by Ronda Rousey. “I have so much respect for this woman. I wanna meet her one day ??”
Recent read: Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. Bestselling author Elizabeth Gilbert shares her wisdom and unique perspective about creativity. With profound empathy and radiant generosity, she offers potent insights into the mysterious nature of inspiration.
[related: Beauty Inspo: Sarah Lahbati Is Servin' Major Living Doll Realness]
6. Kelsey Merritt. When she’s not busy shooting and walking the runways all over the world, model-of-the-moment Kesley enjoys reading a good book or two on the subject of, well, fashion. On her reading list is Coco Chanel: The Illustrated World of a Fashion Icon by Megan Hess, a compilation of Megan Hess’ stunning illustrations of the 100 most quintessential moments through Chanel’s history.
Recent read: Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom in which Albom recounts how he and his former teacher Morrie, who was dying of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, reconnecting, taught him a lot about himself.
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: These Celeb Lovebirds Prove That A Couple Who Travels Together, Stays Together
Photographs from Instagram.com/annecurtissmith, Instragram.com/coleengarcia, Instagram.com/nikkigil, Instagram.com/kelseymerritt, Instagram.com/krisaquino, and Instagram.com/sarahlahbati