Want a selfie that will garner lots of double taps? Well, take it from the selfie expert herself, Sofia Andres. With her skill in taking immaculate snaps of herself, her followers are always on the look out for her next posts. How does she do it? It's all about six things—here are her foolproof secrets:
1. Experiment with angles. Before you take matters on your phone, try practicing in front of the mirror. See which angle you look better at—right side, or left? Chin down or up? Don't be afraid of looking silly—practice makes perfect, remember?
2. Lighting is king. Once you get your angle (face angled to the left, a bit of chin up to emphasize your jaws and eyes..), look for a place with good light. Dark shots are a no-no, and natural light is best (don't you notice how nice outdoor shots look?).
3. Accessorize! Just like how you do your flatlays, props make or break a selfie. Whether it's a great pair of shades or headband or necklace, it adds oomph to the photo. [related: Style Spotlight: Find Over 500 Eyewear Styles in this Cool New Pop Up Store]
4. Try different poses and expressions. Sofia's selfies are sometimes smiling, others fierce, most of it, she lets her eyes do the talking. But whichever you try, get crazy and have fun with your poses!
5. Go no filter. Let you natural beauty shine. If editing is really necessary, use the technical tools of Instagram, where you can adjust brightness or sharpness of you selfie. [related: Look Up, Step Out: Document Your Travels Better With Instagramming Tips from Beautiful Destinations]
6. Be confident! Because if you're confident, it'll reflect in the photo—showing a more glowing version of you.
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: How to Snap Impeccable Selfies, the Georgina Wilson Way
Photographs from Instagram.com/iamsofiaandres.