Throughout the five-year run of morning show Kris TV, Queen of All Media Kris Aquino, along with her friends, have tried out so many different restaurants—as in so many, and of various cuisines and price brackets. Here are six must-try dining haunts from some of the show's episodes (we pick
1. Kris and Jay-R highly approve of Luna J Filipino Gastropub's kalderetang baka, crispy pata, and lemongrass pandanous, which is essentially pandan tea mixed with lemongrass. Located at the Ground floor of Il Terrazo, Tomas Morato, Quezon City. Contact them at +632-3734668.
2. K Brosas, Kris, and Herbert Bautista enjoyed the saltiness of the beef tapa at Snackaroo. Located at Judge Jimenez Corner K-2nd Street, Kamuning, Quezon City. Contact them at +632-9295629.
3. Kris got curious about Ka Tunying's Cafe Citrumeric Milkshake (a creation of resident mixologist Kalel Demetrio), and loved how the ingredients (which include oranges and turmeric) balance out the flavor of each other. Located at 88 Visayas Avenue, Quezon City. Contact them at +632-3661342.
4. Kris and Carmina Villaroel gave a perfect ten to Concho's Home of Sisig Goodness' sisig and crispy pata—yes, these dishes are that good! Located at 48 Lilac Street, Marikina City. Contact them at +632-7883668 for reservations.
5. Burger lovers (Kris included) will love Rye Tasting Room by Il Ponticello's four cheese Wagyu burger. Located at Ponte Salcedo, 120 Valero Street, Makati City. Contact them at +632-5539971 and +63949-7608731.
6. Kris, Erich Gonzales, and Daniel Matsunaga are all thumbs up with this healthy yet delicious roasted eggplant salad at Sobremesa. Located at Sapphire Bloc, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. Contact them at +63906-4452559.
ALSO READ: Kitchen Whiz: Learn Five New Takes on Classic Foodie Faves
Banner photograph from Ka Tunying Cafe's Facebook page. Videos from the ABS-CBN Entertainment YouTube Channel.