With the little time left to enjoy the heat, let these beautiful beaches favored by your favorite celebs help you mark the end of summer on a good note.
[related: Pop Quiz: Where Should You Go For Your Next Adventure?]
1. Alona Beach, Bohol. There are a lot of white sand beaches in the Philippines besides Boracay, and Alona Beach is one of them. It's a perfect location to stay at if you're after not just taking a dip in the waters but also visiting the other landmarks in Bohol, which are in near proximity to it (think: swimming at the beach in the morning, touring Chocolate Hills by noon, getting chummy with tarsiers in the afternoon at the Tarsier Sanctuary and lounging by the beach at night). Activity options include diving and snorkeling and a trip to the Bohol Bee Farm or Hinagdanan Cave. There are both cheap and high-end hotels to stay in, but check out Henann Resort where Ellen Adarna stayed. For more affordable ones, inquire at the Alona Grove and Playa Blanca.
2. Balete, Batangas. John Prats prides in this little secret in Batangas. The Taal Lake is fresh water, eliminating the hassle of sore eyes after a whole day of swimming. The new dad recently launched Dynamite Aquasports, their speedboat, banana boat, hydrojet and flying fish activities! But if you're up for a greater adventure, book a Taal Tour—be one of the lucky few to see the breathtaking Taal Crater!
3. Lakawon Beach, Guimaras. Feel the breeze on your face inside your nipa hut cottage with a pristine blue beach as the background. Angelica Panganiban enjoyed the whole day submerged in the banana-shaped island's cool waters and witnessed a magnificent sunset, a way to relax and ease your mind. There are some water activities, too, like riding the jetski. But the main point of this place is to loosen up—the island has less tourists, so you get to enjoy the beach almost to yourselves!
4. Amanpulo, Palawan. Have a luxe retreat like Maja Salvador at this island favorite. Of course, frolicking by the beach is a must-do, but try out activites as well, like sailing and windsurfing, walk ing through the lush flora and checking out sea turtles and, every once in a while, dolphins popping out of the water! To satisfy your nature-loving self more, brave the sea and dive in to drink in its beauty—coral reefs lining the bottom of the sea, right before your eyes! [related: LENSpeak: This Filipina Freediver Will Make You Want to Explore the Deep Underwater]
5. Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar, Bataan. This is the first and only heritage resort by the sea, so it's like brushing up on the olden days while having the time of your lives by the sea. Imagine the mix of the old and the new—traditional houses as your luxe cottages, ancient walkways as your guide to the beach and age-old Filipino activities available in this setting, like what actor and former VJ Diego Loyzaga experienced. Las Casas offers a heritage tour if you've had enough of beach-lounging, but there are also other activities for your entertainment—water sports, golf, spa treatments, and even a photo shoot, to complete the experience!
6. Gigantes Island, Iloilo. The five-hour drive to Gigantes from Iloilo City is all worth it once you get a glimpse of this island. Heartthrob Enchong Dee went island hopping here—and you should, too! Take half a day to go around the Cabugao Gamay Island, Tangke, Antonia Beach, Bantigue Island, and Pawikan Cave, among others. Climb to the lighthouse found at the northern shore and have a bird's eye view of the place or, if you're in for an adrenaline fill, go on a trail hike at Gigantes Sur. Lastly, devour their abundant supply of fresh seafood catch!
ALSO READ: Look Up, Step Out: 5 Up and Coming Local Destinations You Should Check Out ASAP
Photographs from Instagram.com/mr_enchongdee, Instagram.com/maria.elena.adarna, Instagram.com/iamjohnprats, Instagram.com/lakawon, Instagram.com/amanpulo, Instagram.com/lascasasfilipinasdeacuzar, and Instagram.com/johnna_holic.