It’s been a great three months, but another summer is already drawing to a close. And with June fast approaching, school starts once again for most students and rain will take over the heat. There's still ample time, though, before we say TTFN (ta ta for now) to the season of swelter—don’t waste them. Here are some suggestions on how you can make the most out of what remains of summer:
1. One last beach trip. Hit the beach with friends or family one last time. Don't miss out on doing so because you won’t be able to work on your tan until next year.
2. It's not too late to learn something new. While you’re at the beach, learn how to surf (Baler!) or scuba dive (Anilao, Batangas is near the city and has several great spots for this).
3. If the beach isn’t an option: Take a dip in an inflatable pool. You know that the six-year-old in you wants to. Give in. Just hope and pray that your inflatable pool won’t give out.
4. Have an ihaw-ihaw party! Grill Pinoy ihaw-ihaw favorites—barbeque, isaw, betamax—with your best pals! Pairing these with a cold bottle of beer as well isn’t a terrible idea.
5. Catch up on your pop culture! Go on a movie marathon, binge watch a TV series, or play video games! If you’re a student, you won’t be able to do this as much as you want once school takes over your life once again.
6. Make your own popsicles! Wouldn’t it be great to have your own supply of popsicles that you can go turn to whenever you feel the need to cool down? There are hundreds of DIY popsicle recipes on the web that you could follow. The only downside? You’d wish you though of this sooner.
7. Read a good book in a café. This is how bookworms chill.
8. Bike around your village. Or around the city, if you know how to get around in your two-wheeler despite the non-existence of bike lanes. Regardless, enjoy this while you can because it won’t always be doable once the rainy season is here.
9. Play boardgames! Gather your friends and play boardgames together! A competitive game of Monopoly could last you for hours on end.
10. Try a new sport. Don’t limit yourself to a single athletic activity. There are all sorts of sports you can try your hand in—badminton, flag football, rugby, ultimate frisbee, bowling, etc. (it's a long list). Sweating because of the unbearable summer heat is a hassle, but sweating due to sports is never a bad thing.
11. Watch a gig or go to one last summer music festival. Because live music is simply the best.
12. Sleep. Everything else mentioned here is tons of fun, but there's nothing quite like getting some shut-eye.
Images from the Instagram accounts of @manikadoll, @daytripperpalawan, @iamkaloi, @junnomars, @a.styling, @kaapookalani, @maesy_ang, @pyroshin, @sothatgirlkate, @rodneywayne11, @tinbenter, and @dianequeen69.