We all want to look pretty in our travel photos, but as much as we want to bring our whole wardrobe, it’s simply impossible. Instead of bringing bulky clothes, we choose light-to-pack items. Dresses or rompers are always great choices, as well as loose tops, but the most befitting of them all? The ultimate summer bottom (bikinis not counted because you only wear them to the beach!)—shorts. A pair can go a long way—and here we show you how to rock it in different styles, for your different summer plans:
1. Mountain. You prefer to be in the company of lush trees and chirping birds so you decided to head to the mountains for a trek. Go for comfort—a nice top made with heavy material and stretchable shorts make for a good combo. Bring a jacket just in case it gets cold up there and wrap it around your waist for plus style points. And finally, slip on your comfiest kicks.
2. Theme Park. Enjoy the whole day at the theme park riding away in an easy, casual outfit. A basic tank and shorts is sweet, but throwing a nice denim jacket transforms an otherwise plain look. Also, bring out the kid in you by putting your most kawaii headband on!
3. Beach. It’s tempting to rush to the water after a long, hot trip. Make it very possible with this tip: Use your swimsuit as your top! Worn with classic denim shorts, this look is sizzling and so practical. It highlights your curves in all the right places (show off those abs and gams you've worked so hard on at the gym!). To be street smart while on the road, cover up with a checkered polo.
4. Museum. Wander and get lost in the wonders of the past inside museums. Take your photo with a nice mural in a solid, no-fuss black-and-white shirt-and-shorts set.For a change, trade your favorite denim cutoffs for paper bag shorts or culottes, then tuck your shirt in for a bit of edge.
5. Pool. Never mind if you missed out on some beach party—there's always the people, anyway. Why not organize your own summer bash with friends who are likewise staying in the city? Still feel like you are out-of-town with a fashion-forward, resortwear ensemble. Flaunt your bod in highwaisted shorts, a bikini top, and a boho scarf as a coverup. To complete the look, braid your hair then let loose 'em braids into sexy beach waves.
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Manila's Top Bloggers Show You How to Werq Breezy Summer Outfits
Photographs from Instagram.com/michelleevito, Instagram.com/janeoineza, Instagram.com/yassipressman, Instagram.com/jascurtissmith, and Instagram.com/jayaquino_