Week one of Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival has just wrapped up. While there has been many surprise appearances, week one of Coachella had its share of funny moments. Here are some of our picks:
1. Kanye West’s failed surprise. After his first performance in Manila, Kanye West made a surprise performance alongside A$AP Rocky. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out too well, as both of their microphones were cut off when they went beyond the allotted performance time.
2. People mistook a “post office” for filing taxes. One of the funniest moments in Week One is when some of the festival goers mistook a “post office,” essentially a log cabin dedicated for sending memorabilia back home, as a place to file taxes. The clincher? Ten festival goers actually tried to do so, said postmaster Megan Hampton.
3. When Jordan Clarkson leapt over Kendall Jenner. Los Angeles Lakers star Jordan Clarkson has a lot of time on his hands now that the NBA season is over (unfortunately, his team did not make it to the playoffs). How he decided to spend that extra time? By leaping over Kendall Jenner (who is 5’10 tall).
4. Taylor Swift fangirling over her boyfriend’s performance. While it is her first time to attend Coachella (who would have thought, right?), she was there to give all of her support to her boyfriend, DJ Calvin Harris. She perfectly summed up her experience in one photo:
5. Snapchat’s "Coachella” filter. Those who feel bad that they are missing out on Coachella? Well, there's a Snapchat filter to comfort you:
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: This Is How You Do Music Festival Chic
Banner photograph from Instagram.com/coachella