There’s plenty to love about Tagaytay. First, there’s its cool weather, which is a far cry from the scorching temperatures that dominate most of the country. The fact that it’s a mere two-hour drive from the city is also a huge plus. And oh, we can’t forget about the to-die-for bulalo. For these reasons, people flock to Tagaytay during weekends and holidays.
There’s just one problem with Tagaytay—finding lodging can sometimes feel like looking for a needle in a haystack. It can be quite frustrating, especially for busy bees who rarely get time off work and are still unable to book hotel rooms in the nearest retreat outside the city. Fortunately, there are already alternatives, some of which are arguably better than five-star spaces. Take a look at some of the most popular Airbnb accommodations in Tagaytay:
1. Narra Hill. Situated in the middle of a serene, plush garden, Narra Hill is considered as one of the loveliest lodgings in Tagaytay. Everything about it is perfect—it provides a breathtaking panorama of Taal Lake, has its own waterfall and lagoon, and its rooms are all exquisitely designed and constructed. Narra Hill offers a variety of suites, including one on the balcony that perhaps delivers the most breathtaking view of the surroundings. Basically, it feels every bit of a dream, making the place one of the premier event and vacation destinations in Tagaytay. Book it here.
2. A White House inside a Farm. Located inside a farm that’s a few kilometers away from the main road, this white house delivers an opportunity to really kick back because of its tranquil and relaxing atmosphere. The property is capacious—the kids won’t run out of space to run around in. Beddings for up to ten people are available, as well as spaces ideal for barbeque cookouts. Glass windows surround the residence, allowing plenty of natural light to come in. It’s perfect for a quiet getaway with the family or with friends. Book it here.
3. The Stay at Plant Bistro. A charming bed and breakfast found in a quiet pocket in Tagaytay, this two-story home seems geared towards couples looking for a romantic escape. It features an elegantly-designed bedroom, a relaxing patio, a lush garden surrounding the house, and a vegan kitchen with a fully-stocked bar. The hosts who will be with you are very accommodating, attending to your every need, and are capable of coming up with scrumptious meals. Consider this place for Valentine’s celebrations or anniversaries. Book it here.
4. A Home with a Lake View in Canyon Woods. A modest home with a magnificent view of the lake, this is another excellent option for family vacations. It sits atop one of the highest points of canyon woods, thus the afternoon or night breeze will be colder than usual (something Metro Manila residents could use more of). Perks include being able to access some of Canyon Woods’ facilities (for an extra fee): A basketball court, tennis courts, pools, playgrounds, a mini theater, and even a golf course. Stay for the weekend and you won’t ever want to leave. Book it here.
5. Bonus: Treehouse by Taal Lake (Kapusod). For those looking for an inexpensive, no-frills lodging that’s located by the Taal Lake shoreline (it’s not technically in Tagaytay, but across the lake in Batangas), this treehouse is just the thing. This meticulously crafted, humble abode sits atop two sturdy trees via adjustable steel pipes and is surrounded by nature endemic to the area. Power is supplied via solar panels, and the bathroom utilizes recycled graywater to benefit the plants within the property. The treehouse is just beside the Taal Lake Conservation Center, which provides tours and allows the rent of kayaks within the lake’s east side. Lastly, it must be mentioned that those who opt to stay here get free stunning sunsets. Book it here.
ALSO READ: Look Up, Step Out: These Palawan Hideaways are Pure Bliss
Photographs from Airbnb