1. Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper. Because the modern woman does not want to be controlled by her man.
Sing it: "Some boys take a beautiful girl / and hide her away from the rest of the world / I want to be the one to walk in the sun..."
2. Love Me by Katy Perry. No to insecurities!
Sing it: "But now, I don't negotiate with insecurities / They always seem to get the best of me / I found I had to love myself, the way I wanted you to..."
3. Fight Song by Rachel Platten. The modern woman will fight for what is right and just.
Sing it: "And I don’t really care if nobody else believes / ‘Cause I’ve still got a lot of fight left in me..."
4. Wannabe by The Spice Girls. Modern women stick by each other.
Sing it: "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends (gotta get with my friends) / Make it last forever friendship never ends..."
5. Control by Janet Jackson. Because the modern woman knows how to make the right decisions.
Sing it: "Got my own mind / I wanna make my own decisions / When it has to do with my life, my life / I wanna be the one in control..."
6. Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce. Because the modern woman is capable of bringing change to this world.
Sing it: "My persuasion can build a nation, endless power, with our love we can devour..."
For more women empowerment songs, check out "Who Run The World? Five Feminine Anthems For The All Girls Out There" on One Music PH.