While most of us are slaves during weekdays (hello, 8 to 5 workers!), there are some who get their time off on these days and have work on weekends (yikes!). It may seem like a sad lifestyle, but not if you know how to make the most of your downtime. So for you guys who have spare time on weekdays, relax and unwind with these activities while everyone else crams for yet another deadline:
1. Go on a book hunt. The best way to escape is by reading a good book. So if you're running low on titles, head now to your nearest bookstore and score rare finds or classic favorites! If you're up for a little adventure, there are hidden places scattered around Manila that sell their books for a lower cost than those in book sales inside the malls (Tip: Scour the Morayta area and the underpass near Manila City Hall).
2. Watch movies for less. Being online for most of the day has surely landed you an event invite with a description that says "free movie viewing" or "Watch this for only P100!" There are also some malls that put past movies in their theaters for less than P50. All you need to do is get out, buy some popcorn, and enjoy the show!
3. Streetfood food trip. Although healthy living is in, it's not that bad to treat yourself to your favorite tusok-tusok once in a while! The famed Hepa Lane can be your ultimate destination, and if you're looking for the best kwek-kwek, go to Kalentong. Yum!
4. Time-travel to the yesteryears. In celebration of Women's Month, National Museum opens its doors to ladies for free! Relive the past, sink into the rich culture of our country and get to know yourself deeper as a Filipino in just one day. If you're not in the mood to brave the traffic in Manila, for sure there are other museums you can visit nearer your place.
5. Jog for your health! Your off days are probably the best time to make your health a priority. Wear your running gear (make sure they're all comfy!) and jog around your neighborhood early in the morning or in the late afternoon! If you're game to venture out of your usual boundaries, best choices are Luneta Park, UP Academic Oval, QC Circle, and Marikina Riverbanks.
6. Organize a club. Gather your non-weekday working friends, meet up, and do something good. It can be a Tuesday group where all of you try to become singers in your own right, or a Thursday group where you're going to discuss a book or poetry or write down things and just exchange ideas. Chilling on rest days can be productive, too, so make the most of it and spend your energy on your interests and passions.
ALSO READ: Me Time: Three Alternative Wellness Retreats for the Ever Busy Woman
Photograph from Instagram.com/nbsalert