1. The hot air balloon ride. If you want to take your love to the air (literally), then riding a hot air balloon is a definite must-do for you. It may be expensive (a ride would set you back several thousands of pesos), and a bit of a hassle (you have to be at the Clark Freeport Zone in the wee hours of the morning to book a ride), but the experience is totally worth it—and definitely one for the books for you and your partner.
Who knows, a surprise might even await you after the ride, just like Adrien Semblat's proposal to Isabelle Daza post-hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia,Turkey.
2. Skydiving. Aiming for something a bit more extreme with your loved one that has YOLO written all over it? Both of you can opt to go skydiving with a trained skydiver, and experience what it feels like to jump from several thousand feet high. This has got Anne Curtis' seal of approval (she tried it out in Dubai last year).
3. The airshows. If being up there in a hot air balloon is not your thing, you and your partner may opt to watch the various airshow exhibitions happening over the stretch of the festival ranging from skydiving, paragliding, remote-controlled aircrafts, to aerobatic exhibitions. Since the Hot Air Balloon Festival is all about flying, there’s a pretty good chance that you might bump into Eduardo Buenavista a.k.a Ian Veneracion, who is a licensed pilot himself.
In addition, should you decide not to do #1, you and your special someone can appreciate the hot air balloons of different shapes and sizes at the Clark Freeport zone. They are picture-perfect for those couple shots or wacky selfies.
4. Educate yourself. Want to be in the know when it comes to the current fleet of our own Air Force and Navy? They will be displaying some of their aircraft, including the newly-acquired FA-50 Light combat fighter plane, during the event. In addition, there will be a short exhibition featuring members of the Air Force and Navy demonstrating how these aircraft work.
5. Watch a Valentine’s show. Should you choose to drop by the festival on February 13, you shouldn't miss Jeepney TV’s Valentine’s Special entitled “Love is in the Air.” Hosted by Jhai Ho and DJ Chacha, prepare to be entertained by the various games, and be serenaded by Southborder, Bailey May, and Ylona Garcia. What better way to cap off the night than with some good music and wholesome fun, right?
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Ways to Nail the Perfect His and Hers Shoefie