A well-decorated dinner table setup? Check. An exquisite meal to satisfy your palates? Check. A bedroom prepped and equipped for whatever you have planned after dinner? Check.
Have you thought about the scents that will help you set the mood for the ultra romantic evening youre aiming for, though? Fret not if you haven't, because we've compiled a fragrance list you can choose from to jazz up each part of your home for a Valentine’s staycation to remember:
1. Vanilla. If sweet and wholesome is the name of your game, impress your love with vanilla scents. A popular and widely-used scent, vanilla is associated with purity and simplicity—perfect for welcoming your special someone to your home come Valentine’s Day. Try: Baylis & Harding Rhubarb & Vanilla Cream 3 Wick Candle (P995, available at Rustan's)
2. Citrus. Make use of citrus scents in your living room to establish a fresh and energized ambience for your Valentine’s staycation date. Whether you and your partner are reading some books or having small talk, citrus scents will help bring in the right mood for an intimate night. Try: Wallmark Lemon Aroma Reed Diffuser (P 1,100, available online at Lazada)
3. Jasmine. If you want to heighten intimacy, jasmine is your best bet. Its heavenly scent, though leaning more towards the feminine side, will make you feel closer to your partner as you enjoy that sumptuous meal paired with a glass of wine. Try: Scent for Senses Jasmine Aroma Oil (P2,650 with air revitalisor, available online at Lazada)
4. Sandalwood. All set to be a little naughty after dinner with your special someone? Make use of sandalwood scents in your bedroom to prepare you and your partner for a sensual night that you will remember forever. Try: Acca Kappa Black Pepper & Sandalwood Home Diffuser (P2,650, available at Rustan's stores)
5. Lavender. Make use of lavender scents in the bathroom (especially for those long bubble baths) to make yourself feel relaxed. Lavender also works in releasing muscle tension, perfect for couples who want to wind down after a day’s work. Try: Alice Blue Lavender 3x3 Square Pillar Candle (P639, available at Alice Blue stores in Rockwell, Glorietta, and TriNoma)
6. Lemongrass. After a great Valentine’s staycation, it’s time for the both of you to get ready for the weekday work grind. To boost your energy, spritz lemongrass scents in your terrace for an ultra fresh vibe in the morning. Try: BC Fragrance Lemongrass Aromatic Diffuser (P 449, available at BC Fragrance online store and shop in Tomas Morato, Quezon City)
ALSO READ: Design Tips: Here's How You Can Transform Your Place Into the Ideal Backdrop for A Romantic Date
Banner illustration by Jana Jimenez.