With a little creativity and imagination, you can make a wall in your home more interesting by framing your favorite images with frames that you have made on your own. Armed with some decorative duct tape, treat your wall as a blank canvas. You can change the look and feel of your living room or bedroom by placing easy-to-make DIY wall frames that add color and beauty to your home.
Simply convert your blank wall into a chic, artistic one, filled with cleverly framed photos or selected artwork by following these easy steps:
1. Gather the following materials, conveniently available at True Value stores:
• Duct tapes (choose your preferred color or design)
• Photos that you’d like to frame on your wall
2. Using a pencil and a ruler, draw the frames on the wall. The size should be in accordance to the dimensions of the artwork or photograph that you are framing.
3. Secure the photo by taping it on the wall. Make sure that the photo is centered within the frame. Visually, the photo or artwork should have equal margins all around if a reference to matting is required.
4. Using the pencil-drawn frames on the wall as guide, affix the duct tape on the wall and use a cutter to ensure that the edges are perfectly in place to create nice-looking frames.
5. In making your DIY wall frames, you can use one or two colors or even washi tape, depending on the theme of the room that you are decorating.
Original article from Metro Home Vol. 12 No. 1, written by Tess Raymundo. Photographs by Jar Concengco. Check out more exciting stories in the latest issue of Metro Home, now out in major bookstores. Metro Home is available in bookstores and on newsstands for P200. Download the Metro Home Magazine app for access to all digital editions on your tablet or smartphone, available in Zinio. Like Metro Home on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/metrohome.magazine/) and follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@MetroHomeAndEntertaining).
ALSO READ: Design Tips: How to Make Your Home Office Space Ooze With Work-Life Balance