Iced Coffee Jelly Shake
1/4 cup freshly brewed strong coffee
1 1/2 cups coffee flavored ice cream
1/2 cup fresh milk
whipping cream, for garnish
1. Combine brewed coffee, ice cream, and fresh milk in a personal blender. Pulse until smooth.
2. Pour over prepared glasses with coffee jelly (recipe below). Top each glass with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
1 cup freshly brewed strong coffee (use two scoops regular ground coffee per one cup water)
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder, dissolved in two tablespoons warm water
1. In a small saucepan, combine brewed coffee with white sugar and gelatin-water mixture. Stir over low heat until well blended.
2. Pour coffee mixture into a medium square or rectangular pan. Chill in the refrigerator for about two hours or until firm.
3. Cut coffee jelly into 1/4 inch cubes.
4. Divide coffee jelly cubes into two and pour into two 8-ounce glasses.
READ: Maricar Reyes-Poon’s Chocoliquor Cakes Will Help You Build Tons of Sweet Memories
Originally published in FOOD Magazine's April-May 2014 issue. Recipe by Aby Nachura, styling by Pixie Rodrigo-Sevilla, and photograph by Justin de Jesus. Follow FOOD Magazine on Instagram and like their official Facebook page.