Through the course of time, it is inevitable that we would need to redesign or renovate our homes to be in pace with the present times. Doing so is much more crucial given the threats of a possible major earthquake that will rock Metro Manila.
Redesigning or renovating a home has two purposes: First, it helps in improving the overall design of your home to adapt to the trend, and second, it helps in making your home more secure in the event of any natural disaster.
Before renovating or redesigning, here are some things to remember:
- Study your space very well and note down its strong and weak points.
- Make a wish list of everything that you want in your space and how you want it to function. Consider the kind of lifestyle that you and your family have.
- Make a list of all the items you would like to keep from the current space to be re-used for the renovated space.
- Make an inventory of the items in your closet. This will inform the design of your storage space properly.
- Plan the budget that you are willing to spend for the project. It would be best to inform your designer or contractor about this so they can keep it in mind when designing your space.
Repurposed from “Before renovating or building”, published in Vol. 11 No. 3 of Metro Home and Entertaining.